• English
  • 简体中文
  • 繁體中文
  • Tiếng Việt
  • ไทย
  • Indonesia
Subscribe
Real-time News
August 18 – The Washington Post reported that, according to eight sources, including officials and others familiar with the matter, the Pentagon is assessing its military presence in the Middle East, suggesting that a war with Iran could reshape the U.S. presence in the region. Two people familiar with the analysis said one of the key areas the Department of Defense is evaluating is whether to withdraw troops from the Persian Gulf. The U.S.s vast overseas military bases in the region have been ravaged by Iranian strikes for months. The damage to these facilities provides the Pentagon with a rare opportunity to reconsider its presence in the region. The Pentagon has indicated it may not rebuild bases as they were before the war. Officials said that Hergsays has not yet ordered a formal review of the U.S. military posture in the region. This analysis is "deliberate planning" and could ultimately inform the governments decision on whether to rebuild war-damaged bases.UAE Ministry of Defense: We inform our citizens that if they hear any sound, it is the sound of air defense interception.According to The Washington Post, sources say one of the key issues the U.S. Department of Defense is assessing is whether to withdraw troops from the Persian Gulf. This comes after months of severe damage to major U.S. military bases overseas, repeatedly attacked by Iran, providing the Pentagon with an opportunity to reconsider its military presence in the region.On August 18, Mostafa Izadi, deputy commander of Irans Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, stated that the United States had considered applying the "Venezuela model" to Iran, but ultimately failed. According to a report on the Revolutionary Guards news website on the 18th, Izadi said that the United States had formulated plans to overthrow the Iranian regime and "dismember" Iran, and even considered applying the "Venezuela model" to Iran, but ultimately failed to achieve its goals and suffered setbacks in several areas.UAE Ministry of Defense: We are ready to respond to any threat.

WTI price falls below the $76 mark amid altering financial dynamics and global growth concerns

Alina Haynes

Mar 14, 2023 11:40

截屏2023-01-13 下午5.17.06.png

 

The West Texas Intermediate (WTI) price is unchanged on Tuesday amid a weaker US Dollar and muted risk sentiment. WTI fell to a low of $72.31 on Monday as a result of a strong risk-off environment sparked by the repercussions from Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) and Signature Banks. Since then, the WTI price has risen significantly as a result of the Federal Reserve's plan to intervene. After reaching a peak of approximately $76 on Monday, the WTI price retreated as the dynamics of the US Dollar shifted.

 

The financial system is being harmed by rising borrowing costs around the world and growth concerns are being raised. The WTI price is in a corrective decline as the narrative of China's reopening does not appear optimistic, as the country has lowered its growth forecast to 5.0%.

 

The SVB debacle exacerbates global growth concerns, as it is interpreted as the first of many financial system dings. Due to rising financing costs, businesses are struggling to make their repayments, which will eventually result in a decline in demand.

 

Despite tightened production and numerous voluntary cuts from the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), the WTI price is struggling to surpass $80.

 

Oil prices are influenced by a number of variables, including the US dollar, inflation, OPEC, and global growth concerns. Considering the aforementioned factors, it is difficult to rationalize the directional nature of oil prices, but it appears that the oil market is primarily driven by development concerns.

 

Since these nations are struggling to maintain oil prices above the desired $80 mark, it will also be crucial to monitor the OPEC position on reduced oil prices.