• English
  • 简体中文
  • 繁體中文
  • Tiếng Việt
  • ไทย
  • Indonesia
Subscribe
Real-time News
December 1 – U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said that providing Kyiv with long-term security guarantees would be the ideal outcome of the Ukraine-Ukraine mediation negotiations. Speaking after talks with the Ukrainian delegation in Florida, Rubio said, “We not only want an end to the war, but also permanent security for Ukraine.” He noted that the negotiations “concern not only with the conditions for ending the fighting, but also with the conditions for Ukraine’s long-term prosperity.”On December 1, Venezuelan Vice President Rodriguez stated on his social media that Venezuela had submitted an official letter signed by President Maduro to the Secretary-General of OPEC and all OPEC and OPEC+ members, accusing the United States of attempting to control Venezuelas largest oil reserves in the world through military intervention.December 1st - A new round of talks between US and Ukrainian delegations regarding the Russia-Ukraine "peace plan" has concluded. US Secretary of State Rubio stated after the talks that the meeting with the Ukrainians was "productive." "We still have more work to do," he said. "We maintain contact with the Russian side at varying levels."On November 30th, OPEC+ stated in a press release that OPEC+ countries agreed at their meeting on Sunday to maintain the group-wide oil production quotas for 2026 and to establish a mechanism to assess the maximum oil production capacity of member countries. The OPEC+ meeting, which accounts for half of the worlds oil production, comes as the United States is working to broker a peace agreement between Russia and Ukraine, and an easing of US sanctions against Russia could increase oil supplies. According to another statement, the eight OPEC+ countries that previously announced additional voluntary production adjustments in April and November 2023—Saudi Arabia, Russia, Iraq, the UAE, Kuwait, Kazakhstan, Algeria, and Oman—held an online meeting today to assess the global market situation and outlook. These eight countries reaffirmed their decision of November 2, 2025, to suspend production increases in January, February, and March 2026 due to seasonal factors.OPEC+ representative: OPEC+ has confirmed its plan to suspend production increases in the first quarter of next year.

Pernod Ricard Expects Digital Drive to Stimulate Growth

Aria Thomas

Jun 08, 2022 14:50

7.png


Pernod Ricard (EPA:PERP) announced on Wednesday that it was betting on digital efforts, its portfolio of premium brands, and its distribution network to drive sales growth over the next five years.


Pernod, the second-largest spirits company in the world after Diageo (LON:DGE), stated that it will strive for organic sales growth of between 4 and 7 percent per year over the medium term.


Pernod, whose brands include Martell cognac, Mumm champagne, and Absolut vodka, reaffirmed its goal to increase operating profit margin by 50 to 60 basis points annually, assuming it can achieve annual organic sales growth of 4 to 7 percent in the medium term.


The corporation noted that its digital activities would entail more work to predict client preferences and industry trends using data.


Pernod Ricard has a Capital Market Day on Wednesday afternoon.