• English
  • 简体中文
  • 繁體中文
  • Tiếng Việt
  • ไทย
  • Indonesia
Subscribe
Real-time News
December 1 – U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said that providing Kyiv with long-term security guarantees would be the ideal outcome of the Ukraine-Ukraine mediation negotiations. Speaking after talks with the Ukrainian delegation in Florida, Rubio said, “We not only want an end to the war, but also permanent security for Ukraine.” He noted that the negotiations “concern not only with the conditions for ending the fighting, but also with the conditions for Ukraine’s long-term prosperity.”On December 1, Venezuelan Vice President Rodriguez stated on his social media that Venezuela had submitted an official letter signed by President Maduro to the Secretary-General of OPEC and all OPEC and OPEC+ members, accusing the United States of attempting to control Venezuelas largest oil reserves in the world through military intervention.December 1st - A new round of talks between US and Ukrainian delegations regarding the Russia-Ukraine "peace plan" has concluded. US Secretary of State Rubio stated after the talks that the meeting with the Ukrainians was "productive." "We still have more work to do," he said. "We maintain contact with the Russian side at varying levels."On November 30th, OPEC+ stated in a press release that OPEC+ countries agreed at their meeting on Sunday to maintain the group-wide oil production quotas for 2026 and to establish a mechanism to assess the maximum oil production capacity of member countries. The OPEC+ meeting, which accounts for half of the worlds oil production, comes as the United States is working to broker a peace agreement between Russia and Ukraine, and an easing of US sanctions against Russia could increase oil supplies. According to another statement, the eight OPEC+ countries that previously announced additional voluntary production adjustments in April and November 2023—Saudi Arabia, Russia, Iraq, the UAE, Kuwait, Kazakhstan, Algeria, and Oman—held an online meeting today to assess the global market situation and outlook. These eight countries reaffirmed their decision of November 2, 2025, to suspend production increases in January, February, and March 2026 due to seasonal factors.OPEC+ representative: OPEC+ has confirmed its plan to suspend production increases in the first quarter of next year.

EnergyX Withdraws From The Bolivian Lithium Competition

Aria Thomas

Jun 09, 2022 11:21

3.png


The Bolivian government has eliminated the American startup EnergyX and the Argentine energy company Tecpetrol from the race to mine lithium in Bolivia, as the country seeks to exploit its massive resources in conjunction with one or more foreign firms.


Bolivia has the world's greatest lithium reserves, but it has battled for decades to extract them commercially. In response to a boom in demand for batteries for electric vehicles, Bolivia increased its mining operations last year.


There are still six companies bidding for a collaboration. Among them are Russia's Uranium One, the U.S. firm Lilac Solutions - financed by BMW and Bill Gates' Breakthrough Energy Ventures - and the Chinese battery manufacturer CATL. The remaining companies are Chinese: Fusion Enertech, TBEA Co., Ltd., and CITIC Guoan Group Co.


None of the companies had previously used lithium on a commercial basis.


Bolivia did not provide an explanation for why EnergyX and Tecpetrol were excluded. The administration announced on Tuesday that it anticipated announcing the full results of the evaluation on June 15.


Nonetheless, EnergyX was arguably the most significant rival, having launched production testing at a lithium extraction pilot facility on Bolivia's Uyuni salt flat in this year. It has also courted Bolivian leaders and advertised their technology on Bolivian television.


EnergyX has recently appointed Juan Carlos Barrera to handle South American operations. Barrera is a former top executive at one of the world's leading lithium producers, SQM of Chile.


EnergyX refused to comment on the methodology. Tecpetrol did not respond to a request for comment immediately.


Legal constraints that now hinder private enterprises from extracting lithium from Bolivia's reserves are among the key obstacles that remain to be overcome.


Bolivia lags behind Chile - the world's No. 2 producer - and Argentina - which has a promising pipeline of new projects - in terms of lithium reserves.