• English
  • 简体中文
  • 繁體中文
  • Tiếng Việt
  • ไทย
  • Indonesia
Subscribe
Real-time News
On November 30th, Baili Tianheng announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary, SystImmune, recently received a $250 million milestone payment from BMS. According to the cooperation agreement, the company is also eligible for up to $250 million in near-term contingent payments, as well as additional payments of up to $7.1 billion upon achieving specific development, registration, and sales milestones.On November 30th, Zhuochuang Information announced that it submitted an application to the Hong Kong Stock Exchange on November 28th, 2025, for the issuance of overseas listed shares (H shares) and listing on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. The application materials for this issuance and listing were also published on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange website on the same day. The issuance and listing are subject to approval, authorization, or filing by relevant government agencies, regulatory bodies, and stock exchanges, and will be implemented only after comprehensive consideration of market conditions and other factors. Therefore, the matter remains subject to uncertainty.On November 30th, Japanese Finance Minister Satsuki Katayama stated on Sunday that the recent sharp fluctuations in the foreign exchange market and the rapid depreciation of the yen were clearly not driven by fundamentals. "Our position is to issue a warning about such events," Katayama said. She reiterated that currency intervention is still possible in response to excessive yen volatility and speculative movements. This aligns with the September Japan-US joint statement, which stated that exchange rates should be determined by the market. On Monday, the market will closely watch for comments from Bank of Japan Governor Kazuo Ueda to see if he signals a possible interest rate hike at the Bank of Japans December meeting.The Kurdistan Regional Governments Electricity Department: Operations at the Khormor oil field have resumed, and the transmission of natural gas to the power plant began at 2:00 AM.On November 30th, three OPEC+ representatives indicated that OPEC+ is likely to maintain its first-quarter 2026 oil production levels at its Sunday meeting, a move that would moderate its efforts to regain market share amid growing market concerns about oversupply. Similar comments were made by other sources this week. The organization had been cutting production for years until April of this year, when eight member countries began increasing output to restore market share.

Energy Prices Fall As Concerns About Russia's Oil Sanctions Grow

Aria Thomas

Apr 08, 2022 09:22

R1.png


Brent oil futures slid 49 cents, or 0.5 percent, to $100.58 a barrel, while West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude in the United States sank 20 cents, or 0.6 percent, to $96.03 a barrel. Both benchmarks fell more than 5% in the previous session to their lowest closing levels since March 16.


Josep Borrell, the European Union's top diplomat, warned a NATO summit that fresh EU sanctions, including a ban on Russian coal, may be adopted Thursday or Friday, and the group would next consider an oil embargo.


The coal prohibition, on the other hand, would take effect in its entirety in mid-August, a month later than originally anticipated.


"Nobody wants to take the risk of sanctioning Russian energy, which has been propping up the market," said Bob Yawger, director of energy futures at Mizuho.


India has maintained its purchases of discounted Russian crude oil imports, avoiding the loss of 2-3 million barrels of Russian oil per day expected by experts.


"While such a loss is still conceivable after contracts expire and India's refinery or storage requirements are met, such a scenario is still weeks, if not months, away," said Jim Ritterbusch, president of Ritterbusch and Associates LLC in Galena, Illinois.


Multiple outbreaks of the virus in China have triggered significant lockdowns in the country's largest metropolis, Shanghai.


"The demand situation in China is very dire, even more so now that there is so much fresh supply on the market," said John Kilduff, a New York-based partner at Again Capital LLC.


On Wednesday, member nations of the International Energy Agency (IEA) agreed to release an additional 60 million barrels on top of the 180 million barrels promised last week by the United States to help bring down gasoline prices.


Japan's Kyodo news agency stated that the country would release 15 million barrels of oil from public and private stockpiles.


"While this is the largest release since the stockpile was established in 1980, it will ultimately fail to alter the oil market's fundamentals," ANZ bank stated of the US dump.


According to ANZ, the announcement will likely postpone any producer production rises and may provide OPEC+ with further "breathing space despite requests to expand output further."


Other experts saw the stock market's rebound as a significant relief despite worries about market tightening.


"In light of these volumes, prior fears about supply constraints are no longer warranted, as seen by the price trend," Commerzbank (DE:CBKG) stated, adding that Brent prices had fallen by nearly $12 a barrel since the initial indication of a US release last week.