• English
  • 简体中文
  • 繁體中文
  • Tiếng Việt
  • ไทย
  • Indonesia
Subscribe
Real-time News
May 19th - According to an Axios report, two sources familiar with the matter revealed that in the 24 hours before Trump announced the cancellation of the planned strike on Iran on Tuesday, he spoke with the leaders of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates. One US official stated, "Doha, Abu Dhabi, and Riyadh sent a unified message, roughly meaning Give us a chance to negotiate, because if you strike Iran, we will all pay a price." Another source said that Trump told some hawkish political allies that the three Arab leaders told him they did not want their oil and energy facilities to be destroyed in retaliation from Iran.The Nikkei 225 index opened 548.22 points higher, or 0.90%, at 61,364.17 on Tuesday, May 19.According to the Financial Times, if SpaceXs valuation reaches the expected $1.75 trillion, Dan Sondheims company, D1 Capital Partners, will hold shares worth approximately $20 billion.Japans nominal GDP grew at a preliminary rate of 0.8% quarter-on-quarter in the first quarter, below the expected 0.80% and the previous reading of 0.90%.On May 19th, according to foreign media reports, soybean oil futures on the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) closed higher on Monday, with the benchmark contract rising 2.4%, recovering some of last weeks losses. Stronger international crude oil futures, a clearer outlook for biofuel demand, and lower-than-expected US soybean oil inventories further supported soybean oil prices. Oilseed meal arbitrage trading was active on the day. Data released last week by the National Oilseed Processors Association (NOPA) showed that as of the end of April, NOPA members soybean oil inventories were 1.947 billion pounds, down 4.5% from March, slightly below market expectations, but up 27.5% from the same period last year. Calculations based on the USDAs weekly crush report showed that as of the week ending May 15, 2026, US soybean crush margins were $4.99 per bushel, up 2.04% from the previous week.

DEX dYdX Blocks Tornado Cash Affiliated Accounts Citing US Sanctions

Jimmy Khan

Aug 12, 2022 14:47

微信截图_20220812093612.png


This week, the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) and the US Treasury imposed an outright ban on Ethereum, putting the decentralized non-custodial privacy solution therein in serious jeopardy.


The government not only forbade its residents from utilizing the services, but it also established similar guidelines for cryptocurrency firms, telling them not to collaborate with the platform. Since that time, dYdX has been the first decentralized exchange to take action in its direction.

After a tornado, dYdX

The DEX gave its clients an explanation of the cause of the Tornado Outage on the platform in a blog post published yesterday.


As the $625 million Axie Infinity Ronin Bridge assault, where Tornado was utilized as a way to transport the stolen cash around, is one of the most well-known hacks in the history of cryptocurrency, the OFAC banned Tornado Cash.


Beyond this, however, Tornado's privacy regulations made it a go-to for thieves. Thus, the OFAC declared it obligatory to avoid Tornado Crash in order to eliminate the likelihood that the same would be sponsored from inside the nation.


As a result, a sizable number of customers saw that dYdX had disabled their accounts because of their connection to Tornado Cash, according to what the DEX had to say.


"This sudden influx of flags affected many account holders who have never directly interacted with Tornado Cash, and frequently such users do not realize the origin of the funds transferred to them during various transactions prior to interfacing with our platform, but we must nonetheless maintain certain restrictions," said Tornado Cash.

A terrifying storm with a tornado

Things started to fall apart as the crypto facilitator platform dealt with OFAC prohibitions, and in only three days, the network's native token, TORN, reached new lows.


Trading for TORN was spotted at $16.3, down from $30 less than a week ago, a drop of more than 45%.


Investor losses as a result of this abrupt blacklisting are unprecedented since the platform has been permanently blacklisted, making it unable to recoup from the price collapse of 45%.


And now that both DeFi and non-DeFi crypto exchanges are acting in this way, things are only going to grow worse for TORN moving ahead.